Monday, October 11, 2010

Pottymouth Visits Walter Reed Hospital

Pottymouth at Walter Reed

    “Hey, soldier, that must be a serious head wound.  I can hardly see your face.  And I see that you have lost a  fucking leg.”
    “Yes, sir.”
    “Oh Christ.  I didn’t know you were a woman.”
    “Yes sir, I am.  But it’s all in a good cause, isn’t it, sir.  Freedom and democracy, I mean.”
    “That’s right, ma’am.”
    “‘Course,  I won’t be able to get married and have kids now.  Nobody will have me, looking the way I do.”
    “Oh, I’m sure . . . “
    “But that’s all right, sir, because Jesus is coming back real soon, and He’s going to make everything all right.  Isn’t He, sir. . . .  Isn’t He?”
    “Well . . .”
    “But sir, if Jesus don’t come back . . . if Jesus don’t come back. . . I don’t want to live anymore.”
    Pottymouth pats  the child’s remaining foot,  says, “Hang in there, kid,”  moves to the next bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment